- what information Project Gravitas collects from you;
- how Project Gravitas uses your information;
- what choices you have about how Project Gravitas treats your information;
- how Project Gravitas protects your information;
- what about third-party links you access through the Website;
- what Project Gravitas does about children visiting the Website; and
- how you can contact Project Gravitas.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES PROJECT GRAVITAS COLLECT FROM YOU?
You can visit the Website to read about our products and our company without telling us who you are and without revealing any personally identifiable information. There are instances, however, in which Project Gravitas requests personally identifiable information in order to provide you a product or service, or to respond to a request for information. Described below are the ways in which Project Gravitas actively and passively collects information during visit to the Website. This information is collected and stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data by Project Gravitas, its affiliates, and its third-party service providers and is used to fulfill your requests, as further described below.
Active Information Collection
Like many other websites, we actively collect information from our visitors, both by asking specific questions on this Website and by permitting you to communicate directly with us (including, but not limited to, when you create a Project Gravitas account, make a purchase, communicate with us via social media, write a product review, create a wishlist, contact our customer service team, participate in events, contests or promotions, or post User Generated Content to this Website). In collecting this information, we seek to provide the best possible experience to our customers, by actively managing the services, features, and content of the Website for ease of use and navigation.
Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, etc.). Also, if you place an order, you will be required to provide financial information.
If you register with this Website in order to gain access to certain Website features, during the registration process we may ask for your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and postal address, all of which are generally required in order to complete the registration. We also may ask you for other optional information, such as your experience with our products. Registered guests who provide this information can benefit from access to additional information about Project Gravitas products and other features and programs that Project Gravitas may offer from time to time.
Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through a website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection. Like most website operators, we track IP addresses, assign Internet tags, and use session, persistent and flash cookies, and other successor tracker technology.
We reserve the right to use electronic images known as web beacons, also referred to as single-pixel gifs, and any other successor technology, that permit us to count users who have visited certain Website pages and for other related statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website; they are solely used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of the Website. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, the time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
We may passively collect information to generate statistics and measure Website activity in order to understand which areas of this Website are most popular, which areas may require improvement, and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve this Website and enhance the usefulness of user visits. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
2. HOW DOES PROJECT GRAVITAS USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Project Gravitas may send you information about its products and services and may contact you about new features or products in which it believes you may be interested. Project Gravitas also may use your contact information for marketing and other purposes. In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information. Project Gravitas also will disclose any information that it is required to disclose by law or by an appropriate government authority. In addition, if some or all of our assets are purchased by or transferred to a third party, Project Gravitas will share your information with that third party.
From time to time, Project Gravitas may conduct online surveys. We use contact data from our surveys to send guests information about our company, provide Website survey results when available, and for marketing and other purposes.
Although Project Gravitas does not currently rent, sell, or otherwise share your information with third parties for purposes unrelated to this Website, it may do so in the future. If you do not want your information to be shared, you should contact us at email@example.com as described in Section 3.
3. WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW PROJECT GRAVITAS USES YOUR INFORMATION?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may send us an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org, to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to email messages sent from the email account you specified when you gave us your contact information. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your guest account. All members may also log into the My Account section of the Website and review, update, edit, or delete their account information directly.
You may also opt out of having your email address used for promotional purposes by Project Gravitas. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Project Gravitas as a result of a product purchase, or other transactions. If you no longer wish to receive information or promotional materials from us by email you may opt out of receiving these communications. You may select the unsubscribe link from the bottom of the email or you may send us an email stating your request addressed to email@example.com.
4. HOW DOES PROJECT GRAVITAS PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
When you place an order, we offer the use of a secure server (through the use of Secure Socket Layer or SSL technology). The secure server encrypts all sensitive information you input, before it is sent to us. Furthermore, every reasonable effort is made to protect customer data from unauthorized access. We use commercially reasonable methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases. When you enter secure sections of the Website, such as the My Account section, you will notice that the URL field at the top of the browser shifts to “https,” denoting that the Website is in secure mode. The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Website before you leave your computer.
Any personal information, photos or other images that you voluntarily disclose on the Website in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to buyer comments, social media posts, and/or comments or information given in connection with contests and promotions) becomes publicly available. Project Gravitas is not responsible for any personal information users select to disclose in these forums.
5. WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
6. WHAT DOES PROJECT GRAVITAS DO ABOUT CHILDREN VISITING THIS WEBSITE?
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child's information from our databases.
7. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT PROJECT GRAVITAS?
USE OF THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE
In addition to providing users with information about Project Gravitas products and services, the Website may contain forums, bulletin board services, message boards, communities, information, images, text, and/or other interactive features designed to allow you to communicate with the Internet community or with a specific group. You agree to use the Project Gravitas Website only for lawful purposes:
- WHAT YOU CANNOT DO WHEN YOU USE THIS WEBSITE: Specifically you agree not to do any of the following: (1) communicate to Project Gravitas or upload to or transmit on the Project Gravitas Website any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent, or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use the Project Gravitas Website to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail not intended for you; (4) misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization; (5) upload to or transmit on the Project Gravitas Website any advertisements or solicitations of business; (6) restrict or inhibit use of the Project Gravitas Website by others; (7) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (8) collect information about others (including email addresses) without their consent; (9) download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the Project Gravitas Website, or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the Project Gravitas Website); (10) post “spam,” transmit chain letters, or engage in other similar activities; (11) post or transmit any information about any minor children, whether yours or children of others; or (12) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Project Gravitas Website, or which, as determined by Project Gravitas, may harm Project Gravitas or users of the Project Gravitas Website, or expose them to liability.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONTENT: You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you submit, including but not limited to written stories, photos, videos, comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and questions (collectively, “User-Generated Content), and you, not Project Gravitas, have full responsibility for such User-Generated Content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting User-Generated Content to any aspect of the Website, you warrant that the material is your own, is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions, and that you have the right to post it to the Website. The subject of any photo posted to our Website must be a photo of you, or, if of another person(s), you must have permission from that person(s). Project Gravitas is under no obligation to (1) hold any User-Generated Content in confidence, (2) to pay any compensation to any user for User-Generated Content, and (3) to respond to any User-Generated Content. You grant Project Gravitas the unlimited right to use all User-Generated Content in any manner Project Gravitas chooses, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format or media whatsoever, or modifying it, incorporating it into other material, or making a derivative work based on it.
- WE AREN’T LIABLE FOR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS: Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to a message board, forum, blog, or any other publicly available section of the Website (including password-protected areas), and all articles and responses to questions, other than the content provided by Project Gravitas, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Project Gravitas. All information publicly or privately transmitted through the Website is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such information originated, and Project Gravitas will not be liable for any errors or omissions in content. Project Gravitas cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Website or the authenticity of the data provided by other users. You alone are responsible for your involvement with other users. If you have a dispute with one or more users, you irrevocably and forever release Project Gravitas (and the officers, directors, agents, and employees of Project Gravitas) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY PROBLEMATIC MATERIALS: Project Gravitas reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (1) remove any material posted on the Website which Project Gravitas, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material Project Gravitas has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes copyright infringement; (2) terminate any user’s access to all or part of the Website; and (3) reformat, excerpt, or translate any content submitted by you. However, Project Gravitas can neither review all material before it is posted on the Website nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, Project Gravitas assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by third parties. Project Gravitas reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of the Website and the public; however, Project Gravitas has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
- CERTAIN PARTS OF THE SITE ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED: To access the Website or certain portions of it, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. For example, you must create an account in order to use certain features of the Website. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website will be correct, current, and complete.
MAKING A PURCHASE
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS/USE OF CONTENT
The entire contents of this Website (including all information, software, text, displays, images, and audio) and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to Project Gravitas or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the Project Gravitas Website for personal use or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer of Project Gravitas. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit, or distribute any of the material on this Website without the prior written consent of Project Gravitas, except to: (a) store copies of such materials temporarily in RAM, (b) store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and (c) print a reasonable number of pages of the Project Gravitas Website; provided in each case that you do not alter or remove any copyright or other proprietary notices included in such materials. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in this Website are transferred to you, but remain with Project Gravitas or the applicable owner of such content. Except as expressly authorized by Project Gravitas in writing, you may not reproduce, sell, or exploit for any commercial purposes (i) any part of this Website, (ii) access to this Website, or (iii) use of this Website or of any products or services available through this Website.
TERMINATION OR RESTRICTION OF ACCESS
The names, logos, product and service names, design marks, and slogans of Project Gravitas are the trademarks and service marks of Project Gravitas (“Project Gravitas Trademarks”). All other products or trademarks contained herein are used for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective owners. None of the Project Gravitas Trademarks may be used in any commercial manner without the prior written consent of Project Gravitas.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS; DEALINGS WITH OTHER MERCHANTS
For your information and convenience, the Project Gravitas Website contains links to other websites on the Internet. Project Gravitas is not responsible for and does not endorse the content, products, services, or privacy practices of any third-party websites, including, without limitation, sites framed within the Project Gravitas Website or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their quality, content, or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. Further, a reference on the Project Gravitas Website to any products, services, hypertext links to third parties or other information by trademark, trade name, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation. Project Gravitas does not make any representations regarding the quality, content, or accuracy of such information or provide any warranties as to such products, services, or trademarks.
If you choose to correspond with or engage in transactions with any other merchant found on or through this Website, you acknowledge and agree that Project Gravitas is not a party to, and will not be responsible for, your interaction with such merchant, including its treatment of your information and the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between you and the merchant. The terms of your interaction with any merchant are solely between you and that merchant. Likewise, you understand that you are responsible for your involvement with any other third parties related to this Website, including other Website users. You agree that Project Gravitas will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as the result of any such interaction with any merchant, third party related to the Website, or other Website user. However, Project Gravitas is interested in your feedback regarding any such negative interaction, so that we can protect the integrity of our Website.
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
DISCLAIMER; LIABILITY OF PROJECT GRAVITAS
You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of this Website and the Internet. Project Gravitas does not assume any liability for the materials, information, and opinions provided on, or available through, the Project Gravitas Website (the “Site Content”). Any of the Site Content may include technical, accuracy, and typographical errors. Project Gravitas has the right to make changes and updates to the Site Content without prior notice. Neither the Site Content nor any advice or information given by Project Gravitas or its employees shall create any warranty. Reliance on such advice, information, or the Site Content is solely at your own risk. Project Gravitas disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use thereof.
Project Gravitas shall not be liable for any damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of your reliance on the information on this Website. Our product descriptions and specifications are subject to change without notice to users. We produce our merchandise in small batches and use our best efforts to represent our products as accurately as possible, but Project Gravitas is not liable if our products do not meet your specifications. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Project Gravitas assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages resulting from viruses that may affect your computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this Website, or any other linked websites on or in the Internet generally or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this Website or any linked web site or the Internet generally.
THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. NEITHER PROJECT GRAVITAS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH PROJECT GRAVITAS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE CONTENT OR THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER PROJECT GRAVITAS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH PROJECT GRAVITAS WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. PROJECT GRAVITAS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL PROJECT GRAVITAS OR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, LOST DATA, LOSS OF USE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE PROJECT GRAVITAS WEBSITE OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY PROJECT GRAVITAS AND WHETHER OR NOT PROJECT GRAVITAS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Project Gravitas and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, third-party information providers, licensors, and others involved in the Project Gravitas Website or the delivery of products, services, or information over the Project Gravitas Website, from and against any and all liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from any violation by you of this Agreement or your use of the Project Gravitas Website or any products, services or information obtained from this Website.
PRIVACY; PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Project Gravitas copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Project Gravitas and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
The copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Project Gravitas Website can be reached as follows:
Lisa Sun 242 West 38th Street, 7th Floor, NY, NY 10018; LisaSun@ProjectGravitas.com
COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS
Anything that you submit to Project Gravitas is non-confidential for all purposes and will not be held in confidence. Project Gravitas does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from any user through this Website. Should you provide Project Gravitas or its advertisers or business partners with information, including but not limited to, feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like, whether or not such information is provided in response to solicitations on this Website, such information shall be deemed to be nonproprietary and non-confidential and shall become the property of Project Gravitas and you agree that all intellectual property rights therein are transferred to Project Gravitas. Project Gravitas assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. The submission of such information to Project Gravitas shall in no way prevent the purchase, manufacture or use of similar products, services, plans, and ideas by Project Gravitas for any purpose whatsoever and Project Gravitas shall be free to reproduce, use, display, broadcast, disclose, transmit, and distribute the information to others without restriction.
GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION
Limitations of Use by Visitors from Outside the U.S.
The owner of this Website is based in the State of New York, USA. Project Gravitas makes no representation that this Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this Website from other locations, you are responsible for complying with local laws. Neither this Website, nor any underlying information or technology may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into, or to a national or resident of, any country to which the United States has embargoed goods (for example, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) or to anyone on the U. S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nations or the U. S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders. By downloading or using any element of this Website, you are agreeing to the foregoing, and you are certifying that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or any such list. In addition, you are responsible for complying with any and all local laws in your jurisdiction, which may impact your right to use this Website. This Website may be viewed internationally and may contain references to products or services not available in all countries. References to a particular product or service do not imply that Project Gravitas intends to make such products and services available in such countries.
If you have any questions about this Website or the products or services offered, please contact us at email@example.com or phone us at (888)-866-2007.